Instructions for Making an Interlibrary Loan Request
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a program that allows us to share resources with other libraries in the United States.
This service is available to Wichita Falls Public Library card holders only. TexShare card holders must request interlibrary loans from their home libraries.
Start by searching our catalog for the item you want. If we do not own it, and it is a new title which you feel the library should own, please submit a purchase request and not an Interlibrary Loan Request. If it is an older title or very specialized, you have the following choices to request an Interlibrary Loan:
- Search the Texas Group Catalog using the search box at the top of this page. When you see an item you want, click on the Title link - NOT the check box.
- Click on the blue "Request Item" button below the "Find a copy in the library". The item will be sent to us from another library and we will check it out to you. You are responsible for a $2.50 fee for each item to cover the mailing costs.
Interlibrary Loan Policies and Restrictions
- You must have a valid library card without fines.
- You may request books, audiobooks, DVDs, or videos using the form above. If you need microfilms, photocopies of journal articles, or other formats, please click on the Advances Search option or contact the Interlibrary Loan office directly at 940-767-0868, ext 230.
- We charge a fee of $2.50 for each ILL item received.
- Please do not request current best sellers or books located in foreign countries.
- If an item is lost or damaged you are responsible for the replacement cost plus any additional processing fees assessed by the lending library.
Call 940-767-0868, ext 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Interlibrary Loan help.