Texshare Card Program
Wichita Falls Public Library participates in the statewide TexShare Library Card program sponsored by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. The TexShare member libraries, academic and public, have adopted a common goal to promote and facilitate access to information, communication, and research among their communities by extending free reciprocal borrowing privileges to each other's patrons, so they may have direct, personal access to materials not available at the home library. Locally, WFPL adult cardholders may request a TexShare card, which may then be used to check out materials from any participating TexShare Library throughout the state. Each participating Library sets its own rules as to how many items may be checked out, for how long, and fines and fees for late, damaged, or lost materials.
To take advantage of the TexShare Card Program, just follow these simple steps:
- Register for and receive a TexShare Card from your home library.
- Consult the TexShare web site to see the list of libraries which participate in the Card program and the specific lending policies of the library you wish to visit.
- Present your TexShare card at the reciprocating library's circulation desk to activate your checkout privileges. You may be required to show a photo I.D.
- Select the books you wish to borrow and check them out at the circulation desk. Remember that late fees will be assessed for lost, late, or damaged materials.
- When you're finished with the materials, return them to the lending library either in person or by first-class mail.
The TexShare Databases are commercial database subscriptions that are paid for by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) for use by registered patrons of Texas public libraries, Texas State governmental agency libraries, Texas academic libraries, and libraries of clinical medicine. The following is just some of what you will find in the TexShare Databases.
- Full-text articles from popular periodicals
- Medical resources and health information
- E-books and academic reference materials
- Newspapers and magazines from around the world
- Transcripts from television news shows and National Public Radio
- Research on public and private companies, here and abroad
- Consumer marketing data and emerging technology reports
- Genealogy resources
- Latest breaking news and daily updates from newspaper wire services
- Hundreds of popular periodicals, including Business Week, Rolling Stone, and Smithsonian