Texshare Card Program
Loan period for TexShare borrowers is 21 days with up to two 7-day renewals if items are not requested by another borrower and with a free grace period of five days. A maximum of 5 circulating items may be checked out at one time. The following items cannot be checked out: reference materials, microforms, periodicals. Digital content (eBooks, eAudiobooks, etc.) cannot be checked out. Digital databases cannot be accessed if restricted by vendor contracts. Borrowing privileges will be blocked until outstanding fines are paid and overdue items returned.
The Wichita Falls Public Library participates in the statewide TexShare Library Card program sponsored by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. WFPL adult cardholders may request a TexShare card which may then be used to check out physical materials from any participating TexShare Library throughout the state. At the Wichita Falls Public library, Texshare cardholders will not be able to access digital content from some vendors including Overdrive & Libby, RBDigital, and Hoopla due to contract restrictions with these vendors. Access to these is only available to residents & to nonresidents who pay the yearly $25 nonresident fee.
To take advantage of the TexShare Card Program, follow these simple steps:
- Register for and receive a TexShare Card from your home library.
- Consult the TexShare website to locate participating libraries in the program and the specific lending policies of the library you wish to visit.
- Present your TexShare card at the reciprocating library to activate your checkout privileges. You may be required to show a photo ID.
- Select the books you wish to borrow and check them out. Remember that late fees will be assessed for lost, late, or damaged materials.
- When you're finished with the materials, return them to the lending library either in person or by first-class mail.